A special place maintained in memory of a much-loved brother who served in the Canadian Navy through his working life and traveled all over the world. Whenever Harry visited this was his haven. The room is ideal for the single traveler/explorer. Situated on the third floor of the house it has the whole area to itself. Lots of sunlight streams in through the south facing window and there are many mementos of a life spent on the sea and in foreign lands. The room’s features include:
- An antique brass & iron single bed with a very high-quality and comfortable mattress newly purchased.
- Ornate claw footed writing desk with chair, chest of drawers, closet, Georgian display cabinet and bedside table. All fully restored antiques.
- Wifi internet access and landline telephone for free local calls. Use of large flat screen TV with cable and DVD player located in Guest’s Parlour.
- Access to 3 bathrooms, featuring large Jacuzzi and 2 over sized showers. Each shower has its own 40 gallon water boiler, ensuring lots of hot water.
- Access to Guest’s Parlour, library, outdoor deck, main kitchen, small kitchenette and exercise area. Exercise room featuring a professional treadmill which faces a 50″ plasma TV — to combat boredom on rainy days. See House Overview for more details and pictures.
- On street Guest’s parking permit available if required.
No smoking. No pets. No children under 17 please.
Rates: $99 per night
15% discount available for stays in excess of one week. Speak to me directly to arrange substantial discount if you require an extended stay for business or sabbatical.
Calendar for Harry's Room
*Blocked Dates indicate the Booked Dates